If the K1 I received shows a loss, do I need to enter it in this years tax return or wait until I sell the units or get positive activity in a future year?

The K1 shows the loss reducing my cost basis.  Per the K1 instructions if the net result is positive the info should be reported on your 1040:  if negative the loss will be suspended until there are positive returns or you sell the units.  So it's confusing whether I should enter it this year in turbo tax.

Yes, you should enter the K-1 on your tax return even if it shows a loss.

It is a passive loss. The instructions mean that you are not allowed to deduct this loss from your other income. They are suspended to be used when you have a passive profit or when you sell the units. You cannot use the loss in the future if you do not report it this year.

Why won't turbo tax allow me to file this loss with a IRA I2 block checked?

Why won't turbo tax allow me to file this loss with a IRA I2 block checked? Is there a way to override?

I have a similar situation, I was given a k-1 for a loss/deduction, on preparation/sale of a small amount of inheritance from property sold with a note that says "for tax year ending may 31st 2019" and told to file with 2019 tax, but on closer inspection it's a 2018 k-1 form. Do I file this with 2018 or 2019, and since I don't report the inheritance as income, does it matter anyways since you said it can't reduce other income..