turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kippy98

question about car drepreciation for a multimember LLC

My wife and I owned a LLC. My wife bought a new car (under her name) dedicated for the LLC business used. Can we depreciate the car in the form 1065? Or is there any other way that we can claim the car depreciation in the form 1065? (e.g., can we put it as auto and truck expenses?)

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

@kippy98 wrote:

My wife and I owned a LLC. My wife bought a new car (under her name) dedicated for the LLC business used. Can we depreciate the car in the form 1065? Or is there any other way that we can claim the car depreciation in the form 1065? (e.g., can we put it as auto and truck expenses?)

This can become complicated very quickly and you should seek professional tax and legal counsel with respect to this transaction as well as your partnership (LLC) return.

In the meantime, you can read through the link below for some rough guidance.

See https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/small-business-taxes/business-use-of-vehicles/L6hi0zzzh

kippy98

Thanks a lot. That is very informative!

Still not clear on one question: if my wife own the car, can we use asset depreciation in form 1065 (one of the deduction item in turbotax business version).

@kippy98 wrote:

Thanks a lot. That is very informative!

Still not clear on one question: if my wife own the car, can we use asset depreciation in form 1065 (one of the deduction item in turbotax business version).

Technically, the title should be in the name of the LLC, and not in the name of an individual partner.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies