Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

LLC With Foreign Owners

I need to file a tax return for an LLC partnership - neither owner is in the US.  They created an LLC in the US to hire people here and make sales here.  What Turbotax product do I need to prepare and file the tax return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

LLC With Foreign Owners

TurboTax Business (link below) but note that the product must be installed and run in a Windows environment.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/small-business-taxes/

You might want to consult, in person, with a tax professional if you are not familiar with accounting or taxation for pass-through entities.

LLC With Foreign Owners

LLC With Foreign Owners

@connie83 

No, the article (linked to in your post) is basically referring to single-member LLCs with respect to any type of review or return preparation (From 1040 for individuals).

If you have a multi-member LLC, then you need to file a business return (e.g., Form 1065) and TurboTax does not offer a review or preparation for that type of return.

LLC With Foreign Owners

I do need to file the form 1065.  The original link you posted for business returns - will that allow me to file or TurboTax doesn't offer one?

LLC With Foreign Owners

That link will get you to the web site where you can purchase the TurboTax product that can be used to prepare and file your business income tax return (presumably a 1065).

LLC With Foreign Owners

Thank you very much!

LLC With Foreign Owners

@tagteam Hello, thanks for your explanations... it is usefull. I have another question:

So, let say the Cayman ltd wants to form an LLC in WY or NM state... and the Cyaman ltd will be singl-owner of US LLC.  An US LLC will sell the products online (Amazon, ebay) without office, payrol, warehouse and etc. 

What are the tax forms required to file in this case?

Thanks in advance and your time. 

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

LLC With Foreign Owners

You will need to check with the filing requirements in those states. Since these are legal matters, you will need to consult legal representation in those states for specific requirements. An excellent legal source to consider is here. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies