turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

K1 Block K and Block L Explanation?

I'm using Turbo Tax Business to work on my first Tax Return for a 2 member LLC I have a question about the information on the K1s.  My partner and I are 50% partners and I filled out the Tax Return accordingly to indicate cash contributions, income/expenses from rentals, resulting in a loss of -8,000 for the year.   After the K1 was generated  section K (Partner share of liabilities) and Part L (Partner's Capital Account Analysis) were blank.  

From my understanding I would fill-out our loan balance and loan ending in Part K   in the nonrecourse section and indicate our cash contributions in block L with this net loss below it.  Am I missing something?

If this is correct and important to fix does anybody know how I would address this in Turbo Tax Business?

thanks

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

A couple of comments:

1. I believe the partner liabilities information is input in the partner information section of the program. 
  2. Take a look at how you answered the question on Schedule B question 4 for the 1065.  When you review this, you most likely answered this "yes".  If that is the case, Schedule K-1 section L is not required to be completed.  As a result the software defaults to leaving this blank.  If you want this area completed, then you would need to change your answer in Schedule B question 4.
*A reminder that posts in a forum such as this do not constitute tax advice.
Also keep in mind the date of replies, as tax law changes.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

yeah but did you complete the info for each of you in the partner info area? that's where what you are talking about gets transferred out to your k-1s.

A couple of comments:

1. I believe the partner liabilities information is input in the partner information section of the program. 
  2. Take a look at how you answered the question on Schedule B question 4 for the 1065.  When you review this, you most likely answered this "yes".  If that is the case, Schedule K-1 section L is not required to be completed.  As a result the software defaults to leaving this blank.  If you want this area completed, then you would need to change your answer in Schedule B question 4.
*A reminder that posts in a forum such as this do not constitute tax advice.
Also keep in mind the date of replies, as tax law changes.

Yes I did. 

Awesome thanks, I will review that section.  

I've entered the Member Capital for all 4 members but it doesn't appear in Block L in the K1s.  The balance for last year is negative and there was a cash distribution.  Should it transfer to the K1?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies