turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I'm using the Asset Entry worksheet in Turbo Tax and there are only 2 types of assets showing up for the selections. Has this been an issue?

Asset Entry is listing Home Office
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I'm using the Asset Entry worksheet in Turbo Tax and there are only 2 types of assets showing up for the selections. Has this been an issue?

Yes, this is a known problem and TurboTax support should have an update for the software in the near future.  Updates normally occur each Thursday when required.

However, you should be entering the Assets in the Step-by-Step interview and not in Forms mode.  If you enter your Assets in the TurboTax interview they will be properly recorded with the correct recovery times.  Also the Form 4562 Deprecation and Amortization will also be correctly completed if you use the interview mode.

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

This problem has been fixed by the update released today, September 3.

TurboTax Online is updated. If you are using the CD/Download TurboTax software, update your software.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies