Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have EIN as sole proprietorships but never started te business (no incomes , no expenses)

Hi ,
  I would like to know if  i have to fill tax return or report to the IRS that i had no incomes or expenses through schedule C .. ???

What i have to do in this situation ? please help me!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

I have EIN as sole proprietorships but never started te business (no incomes , no expenses)

@djamil wrote:

What i have to do in this situation ? please help me!

You are required to file Schedule C for 2018 if your net earnings from self-employment were $400 or more.

See https://www.irs.gov/publications/p334#en_US_2018_publink1000313173

thank you for your response!

So, i will do anything right now ? no reporting ?

@djamil wrote:

So, i will do anything right now ? no reporting ?

You do not have to file a Schedule C if you had neither self-employment income nor expenses, but that does not necessarily mean you do not have to file an income tax return (if you do have to file a return, you just do not have to file Schedule C).

See https://www.irs.gov/filing

okey,  
 in my situation right now, i got the EIN last year but i have never working with it,  shoudl i report to IRS that i'm not working ?, if yes ? wich form is corresponding?

@djamil wrote:

in my situation right now, i got the EIN last year but i have never working with it,  shoudl i report to IRS that i'm not working ?  

No, you are not required to report to the IRS in that scenario.

i forget to tell that i'm not a us citizen and i don't live in us

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies