Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

How do I get my stimulus check

ok well i havent received anything on my turbo card and when i enter my info into the irs website it tells me my information is incorrect so what happened did you as in turbo tax use your own business address instead of ours? im not able to find anything out i do owe turbo for the filing even tho i was told it is free but however either way i havent received anything and i can not check it to find out

beatty124
Returning Member

I have 2 similar scenarios

1. I paid taxes in 2018 does that mean I have to wait on  a paper check? 2019 taxes are not filed.

2. Taxes are always mailed , but is also a SSA recipient. Does this scenario wait on a paper check? 2019 are filed.

Any way either of the scenarios can get direct deposit info to IRS. The Get my Payment app does not cover theses possibilities. The Turbos card is not in the equation.

Thanks

AB

@beatty124 - what happened when you checked the portal? 

update your bank information if necessary.

AGI is line 7 on your 2018 return and line 8B on your 2019 return.  Refund is line 21a of the 2019 tax return. and line 20a for 2018

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

Please help. I am at a loss. I don’t know what to do. 2018 filed over income for stimulus.  Had to pay that year. Filed 2019 on March 27  and was accepted. Refund was added to 2018 tax balance. We qualify for stimulus with 2019 income guideline. However received nothing. I can not get any info from the portal. Says either no info at this time or locked out for 24 hours. Any suggestions?  Really need the stimulus 

@bkromer8811 - be patient.... check back no more frequently than  every 25 hours..... that should avoid any lockouts.  it only updates once per day in any event and if you check twice within that 24 hours, you could get locked out. 

Thank you. My biggest fear is we won’t get one. If I just knew we would be getting it at some point be ok 

@bkromer8811 - here are the requirements, why would you think you wouldn't get one? 

• Are a U.S. citizen or U.S. resident alien;
  • Cannot be claimed as a dependent on someone else’s return;
  • Have a Social Security number (SSN) that is valid for employment (valid SSN); and
    • Exception: If either spouse is a member of the U.S. Armed Forces at any time during the taxable year, then only one spouse needs to have a valid SSN
  • Have adjusted gross income below an amount based on your filing status and the number of your qualifying children.

Bc in 2018 we were over income. I didn’t file 2019 until March 27, which we are within the guidelines. Just worried they won’t use 2019

how does your income look for 2020? is it within the limits? in case they don't use 2019, here is the worst case scenario: 

• The stimulus payments are really based on your 2020 tax return (income, dependents, etc).
  • The IRS is using either 2018 or 2019 – whatever is available  - to ESTIMATE that payment
  • When you file next year there will be a “settle up” section on the tax return. 
  • If you are due more stimulus (and this would include where your income was over the limit in 2018 but not in 2020), you will receive it through the 2020 tax filing.
  • If you received too much, by law stimulus, you are not required to return it

you may not like the wait, but you'd still be getting the money.

Since turbo tax didn’t provide the IRS my bank info for my refund which resulted in the IRS not depositing my stimulus check. What is TurboTax doing to rectify this matter? Since it’s TurboTaxes fault I still don’t have my stimulus direct deposit?!! Class action lawsuit anyone?

@Kkaters - i do not work for turbo tax.  if you want to get together a class action law suit, you will have to demonstrate the financial harm caused.  you are getting a paper check and not a direct deposit, what is the financial harm caused?

did you check the website to change your banking information?

Check the IRS website and update your bank information if necessary.

AGI is line 7 on your 2018 return and line 8B on your 2019 return.  Refund is line 21a of the 2019 tax return. and line 20a for 2018

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

There’s an implied covenant of good faith which legally obligates turbo tax to perform in “good faith” the obligations imposed by their service refund processing agreement. TurboTax not only states using such service will not speed up or slow down filers refunds, this implied statement goes beyond that. Such implied covenant requires turbotax to act in such a manner that does not violate, nullify, or significantly impair the rights or benefits the other party, in this case the filer, has by using their service which they pay for. 

there doesn’t have to be a dollar amount, they are impairing my benefit and rights to have had my stimulus check direct deposited. Since most of us, relied on such stimulus direct deposit to hit our bank accounts last week and did not receive it, they have impaired our rights to have received it on time and that can be tied to any financial liabilities the consumer may incur as a result. I filed on 2/12/20 and received a refund Via direct deposit. The unimplied covenant TurboTax broke or failed, is by causing a delay in stimulus refunds. They are the direct result as to why the IRS didn’t have my bank info on file. Not by anything I did and I in good faith used their service not expecting such loss of benefit of receiving that money last week. 

beatty124
Returning Member

I get "Payment Status Not Available". I do not see a place to add my direct deposit information.

from the IRS FAQs:

The Get My Payment application will return "Payment Status Not Available" for several reasons, including:

• You are required to file a tax return, but:
    • We haven't finished processing your 2019 return
    • The application doesn't yet have your data; we’re working on adding more data to allow more people to use it.
  • You don't usually file a return, and:
    • You used Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info Here but we haven’t processed your entry yet
    • You receive an SSA or RRB Form 1099 or SSI or VA benefits; information has not been loaded onto our systems yet for people who don’t normally file a tax return.
  • You’re not eligible for a payment (see Eligibility).

We update Get My Payment data once per day, overnight so there is no need to check more often. If you are eligible for a payment and have provided your information either through a recent tax return or the Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info Here application, please check back for updates.

Same here, I still don’t see my stimulus check deposit and I have received 2019 return in late Feb.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies