Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I enter my Scedule C for my small business. I did not have any sales in 2018. No activity. Thanks

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

How do I enter my Scedule C for my small business. I did not have any sales in 2018. No activity. Thanks

If you had no income, no expenses and no assets being depreciated then you do NOT need to file a Sch C on the personal return. 

Thank you. I am then wondering if I should not have upgraded to file with small business.

Do you have any idea about that?

You can use the SE program even if you will not file a Sch C ... to downgrade to a lower version will require you to clear everything and start again.

Carl
Level 15

With the online version of the program, if you will be claiming *any* business expenses, then you *have* to use the Self-Employed version.

With the Cd/Desktop program, you can use the Premier version of the Home & Business Version to file a full SCH C and claim your business expenses.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies