turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

arbir
Returning Member

How can I add California Schedule K-1 (568) for each additional LLC member?

I and my wife have LLC in California. I have full time job and sometime help my wife with her business. As she is the active member, so filing single Schedule C and SE for her with all income and expenses under her account. But while filling Form 568 for state, there is a question for maximum number of members. I have update that number to 2 but how do I add California Schedule K-1 (568) for myself? I don't see any option in TurboTax.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
DavidS127
Expert Alumni

How can I add California Schedule K-1 (568) for each additional LLC member?

As I understand your situation, your wife filed a Schedule C on your individual (Form 1040) tax return to report the income from her LLC.  Your wife is only able to report her LLC income on Schedule C if the LLC is a single member LLC treated as a disregarded entity by the IRS.

If in fact the LLC is a multi-member LLC (e.g., you and your wife) the LLC must file a federal partnership tax return (Form 1065) and send each member a K-1.  Those K-1s  (instead of Schedule C) is how the LLC income would be reported on your individual tax return.  If this is your circumstance, you'll need TurboTax Business to complete the Form 1065 for the LLC.

Your California Form 568 would be completed accordingly (i.e., either one member or two member).

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies