Re: Hi. For my 2017 federal return, I need to see ...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joeallman

Hi. For my 2017 federal return, I need to see the inputs that led to the capital gain value. I was not required to file a Schedule D. How can I see those TurboTax inputs?

3 Replies
Critter
Level 15

Hi. For my 2017 federal return, I need to see the inputs that led to the capital gain value. I was not required to file a Schedule D. How can I see those TurboTax inputs?

Save a PDF of the return to see all the worksheets. 

VolvoGirl
Level 15

If you used the Online web version and want to see your actual entries you need to download the tax data file ending in .tax2017 and install the Desktop program to open it in the program.  

TomYoung
Level 12

If you didn't have to file Schedule D then the most common situation where this arises is that you didn't have any security sales of your own but simply recorded capital gains distributions reported on Form 1099-DIV.  If you still have those 1099-DIVs, (you should have, attached to your paper copy of your 2017 income tax return), you might simply look at those.

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings