Re: Hi. For my 2017 federal return, I need to see ...

joeallman

Hi. For my 2017 federal return, I need to see the inputs that led to the capital gain value. I was not required to file a Schedule D. How can I see those TurboTax inputs?

Save a PDF of the return to see all the worksheets. 

If you used the Online web version and want to see your actual entries you need to download the tax data file ending in .tax2017 and install the Desktop program to open it in the program.  

TomYoung

If you didn't have to file Schedule D then the most common situation where this arises is that you didn't have any security sales of your own but simply recorded capital gains distributions reported on Form 1099-DIV.  If you still have those 1099-DIVs, (you should have, attached to your paper copy of your 2017 income tax return), you might simply look at those.