turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Help finding Help

I need help finishing my taxes.  I had to close my S-Corp and transfer everything to myself as a Sole Proprietor.  There are depreciation questions, inventory questions, gains/losses.  I just don't understand.  I read all the post regarding those things.  I need a professional to look it all over.  Everyone says I'm being foolish but I think I have a right to know what's going on with my taxes!

That's the problem.  I can't find anyone who can help.  My regular accountant just laughs at me (tired of that), one guy I found and paid $150 said "he 'thinks' you do it like this" (I need real answers), and the serious accountants WILL NOT take on new clients right now (it's the middle of summer, go figure).  One guy wants $800 to "look it all over and explain it" but I've already done all the work, why should I pay so much?

I tried searching "S-Corp Accountants", "S-Corp Attorneys", "Corporate Attorneys" "CPAs".  What should I search for?

Thanks!  Any suggestions are appreciated!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer
3 Replies

Help finding Help

Thanks so much!

Help finding Help

Many tax professionals won't review a tax return because it sometimes is more work than just preparing the entire return themselves.  And they are in the business of preparing tax returns, not teaching people to prepare their own returns.  So yes, if you want a good professional, it will cost quite a bit, especially for a  final year return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies