Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

help: cannot file because of schedule C error: employee credits for small businesses

It looks like TT will be losing a lot of customers over this issue!    It would be nice if someone from TT could come on this thread with REAL answers - be upfront with us!  When I asked yesterday, customer support made to sound that I couldn't read...yes I can read and I have read the same **bleep** message for weeks now with an ever changing date!  Hey Turbo Tax - get your crap together and get this issue resolved before it becomes more of issue when we start reporting to the FTC and the BBB.  Because that will be my next step! 

help: cannot file because of schedule C error: employee credits for small businesses

I went through H&R. Tired of Waiting.  Still Waiting to hear back on a refund for the service I paid for on TT that they could not follow through on. 

Tried to file just now, same boat as all of you.  Hung up on employee wages and corresponding credits which I would not be eligible for anyway.  March 6th the new date, but its just a dummy date, tomorrow will probably read March 7.  

Also, it appears e-filing state returns is going to increase in $ on March 1.  So by Turbo Tax acting inept in this matter, are we also going to have to pay an increased e-file fee for state returns because we cannot file our returns before March 1?

avmejias

It is 2/28/24 and this is pushed out again another week.  This has been going on for me since 2/14.  That is 3 weeks and no results.  When is this going to be resolved? 

aml4341

The issue is still persisting and every day gets pushed out another day.  Can I expect this to be resolved soon or should I file my taxes elsewhere (or by mail).  

Can we go into Tax Tools > Tools > Delete a form , and delete 8881?

Will that allow us to finally e-file or will that cause other issues?

No, I deleted it (along with the other two that are still unavailable, but unneeded) able still couldn't file. 

Correct you cant simply delete form 8881 and get around the hang up.  Which is ridiculous as most of us here complaining of the error dont need form 8881 in the return anyway.  

Hello, it is the 28th. If the situation is not fixed, when is the new updated date? Please reply. I don't want to switch to another service but if no guidance is given I'm afraid I'll have to switch. I have been using TurboTax for ten years and don't look forward to leaving but I have been waiting a month for this to be fixed. 

I wrote the New York State Attorney General today, as well as my State Senator. New York State requires me to file electronically if using Turbo Tax and yet the software is not allowing me to file electronically. I have suggested Intuit should be forced to pay a penalty and compensate us for our inconvenience. If your State is similar, or you are in New York, I suggest you do the same.

I will contact PA State Attorney General and Senator today as well!  Enough is enough, time to step on some toes...

I'm having the same issue and have not been able to complete my Business/Personal Taxes for Weeks. The same issue persists and the date just keeps changing. 

Screenshot 2024-02-28 132124.png

No early bird special for us business owners.

If anybody in New York wants to piggyback on my complaint: Here's my response:

Thank you for submitting your complaint to the Consumer Frauds Bureau. Attached please find a copy for your records. Your assistance is vital to our efforts to serve the people of the State of New York.

The Attorney General takes seriously the legal issues of all New Yorkers, and every complaint to this office is carefully considered. Please be assured that we will thoroughly evaluate each of the issues you have raised. We may also share your submission with other local, state, or federal agencies, as appropriate.

We will contact you if we require any additional information. Please do not submit follow-up inquiries through the complaint form, which is for new submissions only. If contacting our office regarding this submission, please refer to Intake #1-[removed]. Inquiries may be made by phone at [phone number removed], or by email. The case number which was removed is [removed]. The contact number is on their website.

The 'Tax Form Availability' page now says 3/6/2024. This is VERY frustrating. I have been ready for a month now and this form keeps getting pushed back. What is the holdup?!?!?

I've noticed several people commented about not being able to get early bird pricing since this issue had not been resolved. If you change your payment to patio be credit card instead of taking it out of your return, it will charge you now and you will get the early bird pricing. Not ideal, but wanted to share so it could save you all some money. Especially since NO ONE FROM TURBO TAX HAS HAD THE COURTESY TO DO SO! 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies