Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

help: cannot file because of schedule C error: employee credits for small businesses

Forms availability tool on intuit says form-8881, form-3468, and form-3800 will be ready on the 6th off march...   Not sure why turbo tax doesn't just say the 6th if they know it'll be available on the 6th.  Here's the link. 

help: cannot file because of schedule C error: employee credits for small businesses

Will do.

It’s pushed out to March and now I will have to pay more? Doesn’t seem fair to me

probably we can twitter (X) above letter to CEO   @sasan_goodarzi

then put some Pressure to bear on the problem to get fixed ASAP

As of 2/26 this is now saying check back on March 4th. What is the official update on this. This is frustrating to be held hostage to file taxes when we are ready to file. I know from a tax expert there isn't anything pending from the IRS on this matter so what is the issue. This needs a resolution today. As business owners, we are busy and can't check back every week just to see if we can file. We should be able to file as soon as we are ready not be told to wait another week for you to fix an error. Are you making us wait so we pay the full price???

We should all bombard them on X (twitter) about how this is effecting us. Maybe then we will get some help. So far no one seems to be talking about this and it is effecting a lot of business and farms.

Does anybody know about this (Press releases link below) issue from FTC recently that may cause TT delays to resolve our issues with "small business credit form"?  It has been a couple weeks already and TT doesn't response to our threads! 

FTC Issues Opinion Finding that TurboTax Maker Intuit Inc. Engaged in Deceptive Practices | Federal ...

Why is this still not working? It now says it won't be solved until March 4th. I have been waiting to file now for well over a month and I am going to miss the cheaper filing fees due to something I cannot control.  

It says page not found.

As explained by a TurboTax Customer Service representative, the reason is there are a set of bills not yet finalized by Congress that are part of the current Fiscal Year budget.  These bills pertain to "Agriculture, Energy-Water, Military Construction-VA, and Transportation-HUD programs." Current deadline is March 1st for Congress to finalize (or enact another continuing resolution).

In other words, if they let us file now there is a chance we might need to re-file with a corrected Schedule C in another week or two.  That could happen even if you switch to another tax-filing service.

Refile? So what. Done it before and likely will again.

The problem is that most of us are not that type of business.  So, Turbo Tax should ask some questions to determine if we are or are not that type of business and then go ahead and let us file. 

Now the date is pushed out to March 6th!!!!! When will this be fixed? I'm going to hr block website to see if it will work. I've filed taxes with TurboTax since 2000. I pay a ton of money to use Intuit payroll and quickbooks. This is absolutely ridiculous you can't get with the program and fix this. Who has time as a business owner to keep checking back? If I can file an alternative method I will, and I'll also be looking for a new payroll and invoicing provider. 

This is ridiculous, get it fixed or remove the error. The issue does not impact my return. Allow a bypass. This should not be holding up filing.

Thank you to TurboTax where I've used your software for many years and its mostly a user-friendly experience.  I don't understand why there is such a delay on the update to your software regarding Form 8881.  SECURE Act 2.0 was signed into law on 12/29/22, so the tax credits are not new.  Why are we here near March with no way to file?  Further, in TurboTax Step-by-step, why is there not an option to say "no" at that step when a business is not needing to apply for the credit in the first place?  That would immediately have solved the issue for so many filers.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies