Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

help: cannot file because of schedule C error: employee credits for small businesses

I have the same issue.  The form also does not apply to me, so this is absolutely ridiculous.  They just keep pushing the date so every day, it will be fixed 7 days later.

I am getting fed up with Turbotax.  It doesn't pull data from Quickbooks online, so all that data needs to be manually entered.  That has been going on for three years with no fix.

This is my final year using Turbotax, I am done.

help: cannot file because of schedule C error: employee credits for small businesses

In the same boat.  Have been ready to file for almost a month now. This is the only thing holding up the e-file and I already paid for TT. Very Frustrating especially when other companies have it figured out.  TT please fix this ASAP or refund my money and then let me file. Very inconvenient.

Call and request a refund. I managed to speak to customer service. They said they are now waiting on form 3800 🤣 they keep changing what form they are waiting on. I was originally going to pay over 200 to file my taxes with turbo. I'm now going through a cpa who says they have filed several business returns no problem. I also spoke to someone else who has the same issue and said they contacted the IRS and the IRS told them that turbo tax is having issues trying to figure out how to upload the forms into the system so they are not waiting on any updates from the IRS like I was told today on the phone with customer service! 

Contact you a cpa who can file your return asap vs waiting on turbo tax to solve their issues. 

Sorry not sorry. I'm done being a customer with turbo tax after this. 

I’m having this same issue! I’ve contacted support and spoke to two agents. One spoke to a senior advisor. The answer I was given was to just keep checking back. 
move been ready to file for a week now but can’t get past this schedule c in order to e-file. Turbo Tax needs to get this done. At least give us some real information! 

Twice this week the update date has changed. Now it is showing March 1, 2024. Can you please confirm a set date? I am stuck on the Review page not allowing the return to be submitted because of the Wages Paid Schedule C 

I am seeing March 1 now.

can I bypass this unrelated schedule C issue or not do review process (my small business has no pension plan with form 8881) and directly do e-file through TurboTax?  thanks

It seems like EVERY time I check the date that Turbo Tax should have this issue fixed it keeps getting pushed further.... first it was 2/20/24, 2/24/24,2/27/24 and now 3/2/24!! 

Are you actually working to have this fixed?! It's a form.... what's the hold up?

SFVT

Same issue here.  I am a farm and tax filing deadline is March 1st.  TT suggests waiting till March 2nd.  Does this mean TT will foot the bill for penalties for filing late??!!

There seems to be some disconnect from upper management and some incompetent software coder.  The whole job of turbo tax is to have software for us to file taxes.  This is one big fail by Turbo Tax to do the one job we pay it to do.  It is really bad on management for not getting someone competent to make the software work. 

Same problem for almost 3 weeks. Pushing the date again to March 4? What is going on with TT software this year?

Ddw2
Level 1

Does anyone know how to get a refund, if they cant file my taxes whats the point? I can go to H&R Block and file no problem.   I might just pay it.  They are cheaper anyways.

ee-ea
Level 15

I have the same problem and have been ready to file for weeks.  I found 3 forms for business credits that are still not available on turbotax, but none of them apply to my business.  I deleted them from my forms and still receive the message.  I spoke to two different representatives today.  The resolution I was given was that I'll just have to wait or file by paper.  I was also told that the error was due to an update needed to Schedule C, but Schedule C shows as ready for print and e-file on turbotax's form page here. You can also see the three business credit forms that aren't ready (Form 8881, Form 3800, and Form 3468) which now show a date of 3/6/24.  This is getting ridiculous.  At this point, I don't care which form is causing the error; just fix it.

Incorrect.  Form 8881 does not apply to any business with wages.  Per the IRS, it is for to file for a credit for small employer pension plan startup costs.  https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs/about-form-8881 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies