turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

swtinc
Returning Member

depreciation

After 23 years in business, this year we are trying to file our S-Corp taxes (2021). In the last four years, we had four different CPAs! Last year new CPA did not enter any Assets or list of depreciation from the previous years! plus, I noticed in the last eight years items like new computers and cell phones, etc. never counted for depreciation! My first question is:   How do I import the assets information into my TurboTax? The second question is: how should I treat those previous missing items in the depreciation list?  I called the TurboTax for help, after over half an hour the representative suggested that I need to get help from a professional CPA.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
JeffreyR77
Expert Alumni

depreciation

When you begin your S-Corporation return in TurboTax Business, you will have the option to import data from Quickbooks. 

If you have asset information in Quickbooks, you will be able to import it. 

Otherwise you you can enter it manually. 

Your previous CPAs may have expenses assets valued under $2,500 instead of depreciating them which could account for why there is no depreciation entries. 

You should verify what was expensed as office expenses, supplies, and other miscellaneous expenses prior to adding assets to your depreciation lists of assets. 

swtinc
Returning Member

depreciation

Up to 2018, there is an Amortization of GOODWILL on 5/09/2007  for the amount of $100,00.00  accounted for the total Amortization of $6667.00 and the lifetime for 15 years. How should I add this missing part from 2019 to my TurboTax? Plus am I eligible to add the computers and types of equipment from eight years ago which never accounted for in our previous tax files?

Thank you so much for your assistant.

S. Moradi

depreciation

You need to make sure that those items that you believe may have been missed have not really been fully depreciated and that is why there was no depreciation.

Those items could have been written off through Section 179 or bonus depreciation in a particular year.

To verify this you would need to review all past copies of your tax returns.

*A reminder that posts in a forum such as this do not constitute tax advice.
Also keep in mind the date of replies, as tax law changes.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies