Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

California Form 3514 want Business Code, etc. populated, but we don't have any of that and don't qualify for EIC. How do we get rid of that form?

The California review part keeps taking me back to fix those things, but we shouldn't even be trying to get EIC since we make too much to qualify.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

18 Replies
AliciaP1
Expert Alumni

California Form 3514 want Business Code, etc. populated, but we don't have any of that and don't qualify for EIC. How do we get rid of that form?

To delete a form on TurboTax Online you can follow these steps:

1. Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the screen.
  2. Click on Delete a Form
  3. Scroll down to your California Return and click Delete on the Form CA 3514 line 
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you for your response.  I tried doing that before even asking the question, but the form isn't listed on the "Delete a Form" page.

MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

Please feel free to contact Customer Support so you can speak with someone who can assist you.

@dodgersvsgiants

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just had the same problem on TurboTax computer software.  While the error is still on screen, go to View/Forms, then at the very bottom of the screen there is an option to delete the form.

customer support is worthless.  please fix the software

I can't find a way to delete the form, yet it keeps asking me for a business code that i don't have.

how did you get to the delete function? i didn't see anything at the bottom of my page

what if i have the software and not the online version? 

Denisev1220
Expert Alumni

On the desktop version, click FORMS in the top right hand corner. Scroll down the left side to CA. Click on the form, there might be a red ! mark beside it. After clicking it you can delete form on the bottom. This only works on desktop version.

Help - this is the first year I got this CA Form 3514. I believe Turbo Tax is not picking up my CA adjustment on the k-1.  Federal line 1 is -400 and CA line 1 Column (d) is 0. My CA K-1 entered in the system reflects the prior sentence. I believe the form does not apply to me. I have an iMac and followed the directions to delete. When I scroll and open the form there is nothing that I can see at the bottom that allows me to delete. TurboTax will not allow me to file without filling the business code in. HELP. 

Was this ever resolved? Having the same issue. Never tried to apply for EITC but suddenly getting the form and asking for Business Code - it is the last thing standing in between me and filing!

MonikaK1
Expert Alumni

California Form 3514 is the Earned Income Credit form. If you may qualify for Earned Income Credit, and you have any income on your Federal return on  Schedule 1, Line 3 (Business income or loss), this may be what the program is asking about.

If you inadvertently started to complete a Schedule C or mistakenly entered other income that populated Schedule 1, Line 3 and then removed it, you could try deleting those forms to correct the error. If you do have a Schedule C, make sure there is a business code entered.

To delete a form in TurboTax Online:

1. Open or continue your return in TurboTax.
  2. In the left menu, select "Tax Tools" and then "Tools".
  3. In the pop-up window Tool Center, select "Delete a form".
  4. Select "Delete" next to " " (name of form from the list that appears) and follow the instructions.

If this doesn't resolve the issue, try deleting the entire California return and then adding it back/preparing it again. In TurboTax Online, you can click the trash can icon next to the Edit button on the line showing the state's name.

Then, see if that 3514 form still appears as a form in your California return. To see your list of forms, go to tax tools>tools>delete a form.  Check to see if the 3514 is there, along with any Federal earned income credit forms and delete them as well.

jakezatz
Returning Member

I have the same issue, asking for 3514 business code.  I've reviewed all my forms and form 3514 doesn't exist.  I also don't see any earned income tax credit form.

MonikaK1
Expert Alumni

Please clarify - where are you in the program when you see a request for the business code? Do you have a Schedule C in your return?

In order for us to troubleshoot this issue, you can send us a “diagnostic” file that has your “numbers” but not your personal information. If you would like to do this, here are the instructions for TurboTax Desktop users:

1. From the black bar at the top of your screen, select Online
  2. Click Send Tax File to Agent
  3. Click Send on the message that pops up
  4. TurboTax will create a "sanitized" copy of your return information with no personal info
  5. Post the 7-digit token number here in this thread

Here are the instructions for TurboTax Online users: 

Go to the black panel on the left side of your program and select Tax Tools. 

1. Then select Tools below Tax Tools. 
  2. A window will pop up which says Tools Center.  
  3. On this screen, select Share my file with Agent. 
  4. You will see a message explaining what the diagnostic copy is. Click okay through this screen and then you will get a Token number. 
  5. Reply to this thread with your Token number. This will allow us to open a copy of your return without seeing any personal information.  

We will then be able to review your file to see what you are seeing, and we can determine what is going on in your return and provide you with a suggested resolution.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies