Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Problems with Box 20 on K-1 form. Last week when I filed my business return that box was empty. Now it's not. What to do?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

Problems with Box 20 on K-1 form. Last week when I filed my business return that box was empty. Now it's not. What to do?

Please elaborate. Was the K-1 you received from a partnership (form 1065) with a "V" code in Box 20?

No. The K1 was part of my corporate report. Box 20 is empty. But when I did the personal return, box 20 could not be edited or unchecked. 

A couple of days later, today, I reopened the personal return to try to finish or re-enter everything. 

By today, though, TurboTax had fixed whatever the issue was and the income info from the business return was correct and the box 20 info was all zeroes, as it should be. 

mnbkelly

No Z* STMT

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

You may need to amend your return to put that information in. If there is a V or Z, then it may qualify you for the Qualified Business Deduction if you didn't receive it on your original return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Why are the K-1's empty.  

No I am filing an estate tax return for someone's death.  All the K-1's are emply.  no amount is entered .

@CynthiaAliciaSchell wrote:

No I am filing an estate tax return for someone's death.  All the K-1's are emply.  no amount is entered .

You need to make a distribution in the Distributions section of the program.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies