Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts Retirement/Life Events! >> Event happening NOW!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ppp not forgiven but cash basis

how do I report the ppp not forgiven yet at 12/30/20 on a cash basis accounting.  loan is $60,000 and expect to be forgiven.  Company has no other debt or payables.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

If you think the PPP loan will be forgiven, then you won't report it as taxable income in TurboTax. You would report it on line 16(a) of Schedule K as Other Tax-Exempt Income if you are filing a form 1120-S. It would go on line 18(b) on a Schedule K for form 1065. It would appear on your financial statement as either loan payable or other income, so there may be a reconciliation issue if you report your balance sheet on your tax return. This may be aided by the entries in Schedule M-1 and M-2 in TurboTax and on your corporate income tax return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

6 Replies
ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

If you think the PPP loan will be forgiven, then you won't report it as taxable income in TurboTax. You would report it on line 16(a) of Schedule K as Other Tax-Exempt Income if you are filing a form 1120-S. It would go on line 18(b) on a Schedule K for form 1065. It would appear on your financial statement as either loan payable or other income, so there may be a reconciliation issue if you report your balance sheet on your tax return. This may be aided by the entries in Schedule M-1 and M-2 in TurboTax and on your corporate income tax return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
chxyz
Returning Member

Hi,

I am using turbo tax business edition.  I am filing under S Corp. I was wondering if you know where can I put down PPP loan amount under line 16(a) for schedule K?  Thank you

I am unable to locate the Schedule K in Turbotax business. Any help?

ToddL99
Expert Alumni

What type of return are you preparing- partnership, S-corp, estate or trust?

I'm preparing an S-Corp return. The IRS and advice here tell me Schedule K line 16b, but I find no Schedule K.

ToddL99
Expert Alumni

Schedule K of Form 1120-S is located on page 3 of the Form 1120-S.

See the attached screenshots to see what it looks like in the program and an actual picture of the page itself.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies