Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Please tell me why in the world your system is saying that the dates I entered is more than 366 says on schedule A..

My husband is a resident of Arkansas in the military and I a former military person had 2 months in home state of Texas, then the remainder in NC.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
MikeA

Please tell me why in the world your system is saying that the dates I entered is more than 366 says on schedule A..

Please review the Sales Tax Deduction area in in the Federal return and the entries need review.  Visit "Deductions and Credits" -> "Estimates and Other Taxes Paid" -> "Sales Tax"

Most likely all of the entries total to more than 366 days (leap year) lived in a state or states.  Just double check the date ranges and ensure there is nothing overlapping.  Or delete the entries that are not relevant.

Just like the original answer states, ensure that the end of one date range doesn't overlap in any way with beginning of next date range.

I know this can be a bit confusing.  If you enter the same date leaving one place and also arriving the second place, you have counted that day twice.

Example:

#1   1/1/2016 through 6/1/2016    = 152 days

#2   6/1/2016 through 12/31/2016 = 214 days

TOTAL                                          366 days

If the second period was entered as 6/2/16, then you would have a total of 365 days.  Keep in mind that my example is based on a non-leap year calendar

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies