Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I need to create multiplel K-1's for the same Partnership due to Part III entries of 1,2 and 3. Do I duplicate all entires in each section for each k-1.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
MargaretL
Expert Alumni

I need to create multiplel K-1's for the same Partnership due to Part III entries of 1,2 and 3. Do I duplicate all entires in each section for each k-1.

Please do not duplicate all the entries. Enter everything on the first K-1 form.  Then, when reporting line 2, enter only the same name and general information and line 2. Repeat the same for line 3.

Note: different types of income must have separate entries, that's why they must be entered as if they are from different K-1 forms. 

dsvanp

Box versus line is confusing to me

Confusing is right!   

What she said is:

"

Please do not duplicate all the entries. Enter everything on the first K-1 form.  Then, when reporting line 2, enter only the same name and general information and line 2. Repeat the same for line 3.

Note: different types of income must have separate entries, that's why they must be entered as if they are from different K-1 forms. "

I believe this SHOULD read:

"Please do not duplicate all the entries. Enter everything on the first K-1 form.  Then, when reporting line 2,  leave it blank On a NEW form enter only the same name and general information and add only line 2.  IF there is a line 3 Create a new form and Repeat the same process for line 3.

Note: different types of income must have separate entries, that's why they must be entered as if they are from different K-1 forms. "

I'm interpreting it - since the words line and form seem to be used interchangeably. The bottom line is for lines 1-4 TurboTax requires a separate K-1 form, even if they are combined on the one you downloaded from the source, or got in the mail. 

What a Nightmare... Can anyone else clarify?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies