Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

PA doesn't follow Federal wash sale rules. How do I adjust the numbers in the Sched D "Basis Adjustment" column that have been transferred with the wrong numbers for PA?

For instance, "Cost or Basis" from my 1099-B is $416 with a Wash Sale Loss Disallowed amount of $57. The "Cost or Basis" on my PA Schedule D is coming up as $359 and I believe it should be $416 (correct me if I'm wrong), but don't know how to edit it without going back to the federal return and making the amounts wrong for that one.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

PA doesn't follow Federal wash sale rules. How do I adjust the numbers in the Sched D "Basis Adjustment" column that have been transferred with the wrong numbers for PA?

Figured it out. On the Schedule D form, enter an X in the 1st column to mark that the transaction is Not subject to Pennsylvania tax. Then re-enter the transaction manually at the bottom with the corrected Basis Adjustment.

Are you just adjusting the wash sales that are a loss?

Do you have to adjust the gains also for PA?

HOW are you adjusting the basis?

Can you give an example of each?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies