turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Officer's Compensation Doesn't match w2 filed

My officer's compensation does not match the w2 that was filed.  I know the difference is in health insurance premiums considered as compensation.  I think the instructions said that I could attach a page to explain the difference, but now I can't find that, or figure out how to attach a page to e-file.  Is there a way to attach a page and e-file, or will have to mail the return?  Or is there another solution?  Thanks.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

If you mean the W-2  for an S-Corp then the health insurance paid by the corp for the owner should be listed on the W-2 included in wages  and the deduction for the corp is the wages ... do not also take a deduction under insurance.   

Thank you for the reply.  The benefits are not counted twice, but due to timing of when they were paid, the health insurance premiums that are counted as a benefit don't match what was counted as wages to the officer.  Anyway, my main question was how to state this to the IRS.  I think I figured out that I will have to mail the tax return and include a statement, rather than e-file.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies