lindalb

Officer's Compensation Doesn't match w2 filed

My officer's compensation does not match the w2 that was filed.  I know the difference is in health insurance premiums considered as compensation.  I think the instructions said that I could attach a page to explain the difference, but now I can't find that, or figure out how to attach a page to e-file.  Is there a way to attach a page and e-file, or will have to mail the return?  Or is there another solution?  Thanks.

If you mean the W-2  for an S-Corp then the health insurance paid by the corp for the owner should be listed on the W-2 included in wages  and the deduction for the corp is the wages ... do not also take a deduction under insurance.   

lindalb

Thank you for the reply.  The benefits are not counted twice, but due to timing of when they were paid, the health insurance premiums that are counted as a benefit don't match what was counted as wages to the officer.  Anyway, my main question was how to state this to the IRS.  I think I figured out that I will have to mail the tax return and include a statement, rather than e-file.