asaxena1

New Jersey Taxes for Foreign Corporation providing services

My company has no employee or physical presence in New Jersey. Company provides remote consulting services from offshore or outside of New Jersey with no onsite travel to New Jersey ( No Physical presence).

We invoice NJ customers for work done by our consultants.

Do we have to pay any taxes to New Jersey at all for the revenue generated from NJ?

pk

@asaxena1 , generally  if there is no situs ( no physical presence /address/po. box etc. ) and the  entity is not a registered US entity, the mere fact that the customer is situated ( has situs) in US does not make  this US income.  Your home country ( where the entity is registered ) will determine  how to tax this income.  You need to tell us where  your company is registered -- like a Delaware company or Foreign ( India ?? ) and what type of entity it is, before  one can safely opine on this.  When I say generally, I really mean very generally  and  has not taken into consideration the actual facts and circumstances of your your particular case.  Please answer my questions , so we cam help you

Namaste ji

pk

Asaxena2

Company is registered in WA. USA

pk

@Asaxena2 , what I get from your response/post  is (a) yours is a domestic entity  ( C-corp) and (b) having earnings  from NJ without any  presence in NJ i.e. the work was done  outside of NJ ( on-line ? ).  Under such situation , NJ should have no claim on your corporate earnings .  Suggest you contact NJ department of  Revenue to clarify  this   but generally this should be the case.

Is there more I can do for you ?

pk

Rick19744

Keep in mind that you may have filing requirements with the Secretary of State office in WA.  If you have a registered agent they should take care of this for you, but make sure you follow up with them to see that all filings are being handled.

You should have received a UBI number when you set up the company as this will be required for all filings.

The above is completely separate from any NJ filing requirements.

*A reminder that posts in a forum such as this do not constitute tax advice.*