carlnehm

My wife is a teacher box 14 a says 401a in it but I don't see that as an option what do I mark it as because it's asking for more information

MiriamF

A 401(a) is a retirement plan offered to key employees by a government employer. This money is contributed by the employer and is not counted as income to the employee.

Don't get too concerned about box 14 entries. These are for information only and do not affect your tax status. You can enter the information as "401a" and "Not on the list" and leave it at that.

MiriamF

tonerbreth

If you inadvertently choose one of the taxes from the drop down menu for the 401a, it makes a HUGE difference on line 5a of itemized deductions.
macuser_22

This is  year old post.  Box 14 is information.   Retirement plan contributions are reported in box 12.   If not ask your employer.