Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Looking for CAI_18.formset ZIP to enable CA State Return for 2018 (Intuit Server Not Responding)

Hello Intuit Community - I'm trying to complete a NEW 2018 CA State Return (yes, in 2024). Although TurboTax 2018 Deluxe for Mac installed and ran perfectly for Federal, the Intuit Servers are not available for the CA State Download... 

I've found the missing CA form: CAI_18.formset 

Which is provided as a Zip file that most be extracted in "~/Library/Application Support/Turbo Tax 2018/Forms"

But I'm not about to find any location online where this can be downloaded. Apparently the forms are cross platform compatible files (nice job Intuit engineering) so the zip of this formset can come from Mac or PC. 

Can someone either 1) point me to download location or 2) be willing to send me a zipped version from a clean install that you have available? Again, I'm only looking for "CAI_18.formset.zip"

Any urgent assistance is MUCH appreciated!

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Looking for CAI_18.formset ZIP to enable CA State Return for 2018 (Intuit Server Not Responding)

I wouldn’t hold your breath.  You would have better luck getting hit by lightning.  Either go to a local tax place or accountant or get the forms from California and fill them out by hand

https://www.ftb.ca.gov/forms/ 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Although you think you used TT's 2018 software for a federal return, that software is outdated and cannot be updated.   The results you got may be inaccurate.    Downloads and updates are no longer available for TT's 2018 software.  And it is impossible to e-file a 2018 return.  A 2018 return can only be filed by mail.

And....just so you are aware, any tax refund for 2018 has been forfeited.   It is too late to receive a 2018 refund.  If you owe tax due, you do still owe it with late filing penalties and interest, though.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Thanks - I got all that - but this doesn't help with my technical question. 

I need to get my CA 540 completed and am hoping that TT can easily move the data in by making the 2018 CA tax forms available to the software. 

Still looking for the CAI_18.formset ZIP file. Can anybody help with this?

I wouldn’t hold your breath.  You would have better luck getting hit by lightning.  Either go to a local tax place or accountant or get the forms from California and fill them out by hand

https://www.ftb.ca.gov/forms/ 

Hysterical and sad, but likely true. Thank you. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies