turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

martdiana2002
Returning Member

Instructions from Form 1116 indicates that information from the K1 lines d,e and f should be transfer to form 1116 line 1a but TT does not do that what am I missing?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
AmandaR1

Instructions from Form 1116 indicates that information from the K1 lines d,e and f should be transfer to form 1116 line 1a but TT does not do that what am I missing?

It sounds you haven't updated the foreign income section.  To do so, from within your return, in the top right search box enter Foreign earned income and select the first "Jump too..." link that results.  

After you answer the questions in this section, the software will allocate your foreign activity according to your selections. If you already did update this section, then review your answers and please provide additional info. 

Let us know how it goes! 

martdiana2002
      Returning Member

I regret that it did not solve the problem of transferring the K1 inputs box 16 to the 1116 form.  I followed the direction on the Foreign income and found no errors in my input.  I have two 1099’s with foreign tax on them and they combine and roll over to 1116 Part 1 1a but not my K1.  The K1 was split into two due to the directions to split boxes 1,2 and 3 into sperate forms and 1 was passive and 2 was active I also placed K1 16 split d and e on the two forms as requested.  All that said I have not got the transfer of gross income to the 1116 1a as I did with the 1099’s
      message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
      Manage cookies