turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Im a single member LLC using TurboTax Home & Business. I need to file Form 568. But I cannot find Form 568. How do I access it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
AlanT
Expert Alumni

Im a single member LLC using TurboTax Home & Business. I need to file Form 568. But I cannot find Form 568. How do I access it?

TurboTax Business only handles the multi-member LLC, not single-member. If you are using TurboTax Home & Business desktop version or Self-Employed online version, Form 568 has to be printed and mailed. Form 568 for single-member LLC's can't be e-filed in any of the TurboTax product versions. The State of California’s Franchise Tax Board will allow you a waiver based on a few reasons, and due to technology constraints of the software you are using, you can request the e-file waiver.

So go here https://www.ftb.ca.gov/professionals/busefile/Business_eFile_Waiver_Request.asp and request an e-file waiver so that you can paper file this form since the software version you are using won't allow e-file for it. 

You will then print and mail Form 568 to this address:

FRANCHISE TAX BOARD 
PO BOX 942857 
SACRAMENTO CA 94257-0501
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

You did not answer the question and I have the same question. For 2018, TurboTax Home and Business did not seem to fill in the Form 568 for me to print out. I opened my 2018 return and am trying to find out how to have it fill in the CA Form 568 so I can print it out and mail it in. Where is it at???

Thanks.

AmyC
Expert Alumni

Home and Business is the desktop version. If you go to forms mode, the CA 568 can be opened and printed.

1. Go to the top left,
  2. click on Open Form,
  3. type in 568,
  4. click on CA Form 568.
  5. Click on Open Form

.Changing things in the forms mode will void your accuracy guarantee.Printing it will not.

Amy, thank you for the quick reply. My return, for some reason, does not have an existing Form 568. Note that I did have business income and a Schedule C on my federal return. Did I miss a step to generate the 568 for CA? How can I tell TurboTax to generate one?

Thanks.

AmyC
Expert Alumni

I had to use forms mode. I could not get there in the CA; but, I don't have much information in my CA and did not think I could trigger it.

Go ahead and go into forms mode and pull it up. Once you start entering something on it, you may be able to switch back to step by step and have the program pick up where it should. Sometimes you just have to give it a push. 

Return to forms mode and make sure nothing is overridden. If all is flowing correctly, your accuracy guarantee will still be in place.

This did not work for me. I opened a new form 568 as you said, and it gave me the option to use my IRS Schedule C for my business. However, no fields were populated in the Form 568 and when I clicked to go back to EasyStep, it just took me to where I was (in the File tab) previously. I tried again and entered the entity name and then went back to Easy Step with the same result. The 568 is not being populated with the information from my IRS Schedule C. I really can't do this by hand... Any other ideas?

Thanks.

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

Yes, you can enter information on the form itself if the fields are brown. Also you might try the technique that is listed in this link.  

Also did you perform this step that is listed in the link. Try it if you didn't.

Is <name> owned by a single member LLC?. Click Yes.

Im a single member LLC using TurboTax Home &amp; Business. I need to file Form 568. But I cannot find Form 568. How do I access it?

Thank you Dave, this did the trick. I must have inadvertently checked "no" on the question that asks if it's a single-member LLC. When I went back through the interview and found that question and checked Yes, then it generated the Form 568. I still had to answer some of the 568 questions manually but at least all the numbers were filled in.

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

Im a single member LLC using TurboTax Home &amp; Business. I need to file Form 568. But I cannot find Form 568. How do I access it?

Thank you !!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies