my "communications" expenses (phones, internet.etc) showed up on the Utilities Line - line 25 on my schedule C. I do not want to claim Utilities expenses as outlined on the turbo tax worksheet. Where do I put the communications numbers on scheduleC???
If you do not want to enter your communication expenses as Utilities, the only other place to enter them is under Other Miscellaneous Expenses. You will be able to create categories, i.e. Internet, Cell Phone, Land Line, etc.
To enter your Communication business
expense under Miscellaneous Expenses:
- Type Sch C in the search/find bar and click search/find.
- Click on Jump to Sch C.
- Click on start/update or Add Another Business.
- TurboTax will ask you a series of questions.
- At the 'Your xxxx Business' screen, scroll down to Business Expenses.
- To enter expenses like cell phone and office supplies, click start/update next to Other Common Business Expenses, click start/update.
- On the Let's write off some business expenses screen, scroll down to Other Miscellaneous Expenses and start/update.
- On the Any Miscellaneous Expenses? screen, enter your expenses.
- Continue with the onscreen interview.