ewanjanelle

If I have a 1099 misc along with w-2 how do I access schedule c? Do I have to do small business or is there a way to get it without all the formality?

PeterM

They can both be filed on the same Form 1040.

To enter your income and expenses (Schedule C) in Turbo Tax, follow these steps:

• Log into your tax return.
  • Use the search box in the upper right hand corner. Type in "schedule c" in the box and press enter.
  •  This will bring up the "Jump to schedule c" link...click that link.
  • From here Turbo Tax will ask you some specific questions about your business. You'll be led through a different screens asking you more questions regarding your business.
  • You'll also be taken to a screen to enter you income.
  • Finally, Turbo Tax will bring you to the screen for you to choose what expenses you would like to enter onto your tax return.

The W-2 will be entered as normal on the same Form 1040 but separate from the Schedule C.

PeterM

• Log into your tax return.