Solved: If I am given a final K1 as a beneficiary of an estate from the CPA doing the taxes, does that mean the estate has been closed?

If I am given a final K1 as a beneficiary of an estate from the CPA doing the taxes, does that mean the estate has been closed?

It depends - a final K-1 would mean either the estate was closed and a final estate return was filed during the current calendar tax year or you are no longer considered a beneficiary of the estate after the current tax year.

Ask the executor or the estate.  Estates can issue some distributions long before the estate has been closed or a final estate tax return is filed.

Thanks.