Solved: If I am given a final K1 as a beneficiary of an estate from the CPA doing the taxes, does that mean the estate has been closed?
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

If I am given a final K1 as a beneficiary of an estate from the CPA doing the taxes, does that mean the estate has been closed?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

If I am given a final K1 as a beneficiary of an estate from the CPA doing the taxes, does that mean the estate has been closed?

It depends - a final K-1 would mean either the estate was closed and a final estate return was filed during the current calendar tax year or you are no longer considered a beneficiary of the estate after the current tax year.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 15

Ask the executor or the estate.  Estates can issue some distributions long before the estate has been closed or a final estate tax return is filed.
**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
Highlighted

Thanks.
Highlighted

It depends - a final K-1 would mean either the estate was closed and a final estate return was filed during the current calendar tax year or you are no longer considered a beneficiary of the estate after the current tax year.

View solution in original post

Privacy Settings