garym3

I volunteer at several PGA tour golf events each year. Each event donates money to several different charities. Can I deduct my expenses?

I travel to several PGA and USGA golf events each year to volunteer for the week of golf. Can I deduct my expense such as hotels? What information would I need to get from each tournament?

Rick19744

If I understand your question, you are volunteering for PGA events and incur expenses as a result of this activity.

The PGA is a 501(c)(6) tax exempt organization.  As a result, your expenses are not deductible as a charitable contribution.  The fact that the PGA makes charitable contributions have no impact on the deductibility of your expenses.

*A reminder that posts in a forum such as this do not constitute tax advice.*

Are you actually performing volunteer services for a 501(c)(3) charity ?   Or do these events simply donate the proceeds to a charity ?
Rick19744