I received a Form 926 information sheet with my Form K-1. Do I have to file a Form 926 with my tax return?

I only own 100 shares of the Master Limited Partnership.

Form 926 - Return by a U.S. Transferor of Property to a Foreign Corporation was filed by the partnership and sent to you for information.

You do not need to report this form 926 on your tax return. You only enter your form K-1.

While I would love this answer to be correct, instructions for Form 926 seem to say otherwise.  If a partnership makes this type of transfer, each  partner is treated as if the partner made the transfer and as such needs to file form 926 (page 1 of IRS instructions for this form).  The K-1 will provide the information needed.

The Form 926 Instructions clearly state:  Transfers by a partnership. If the transferor is a partnership (domestic or foreign), the domestic partners of the partnership, not the partnership itself, are required to comply with section 6038B and file Form 926. Each domestic partner is treated as a transferor of its proportionate share of the property

Turbotax doe not seem to support Form 926. Instructions say Form 926 must be filed with return. My tax return is lengthy and that is why I have the Turbotax version that supports efiling. Do I have to print out and entire return and attach manually prepared Form 926 and put in snail mail?

I had this situation for 2017.  I e-filed my TTax return and mailed a copy of Form 926 to the IRS.  I was banking on the two getting linked via my tax id.  Heard back from the IRS that they received the form but nothing further.  I am sure that the IRS would not want a lengthy paper filing to handle due to this form alone.

We are tax preparers were 3 clients in the same situation, with complicated returns that need to file form 926.  Our professional tax software does not support form 926, therefore we can't e-file that form.  What was the outcome on mailing in the form separately, as it says you can't attach tax forms as pdfs.  Please let me know.  Thanks