mike244

I'm completing the interview regarding 199A income on my K1. Turbo Tax is asking about business income of my employer. Why?

My employer rents a building from the LLC that issues my K1.  Turbo Tax is asking about income, deductions, and W2 wages of my employer.  Why?
ThomasM125

When you receive a K-1 form, that means you are part owner of the company that issued it. If the income reported on the form is qualified business income (QBI), there may be a deduction you can take from the income reported on your tax return for it. TurboTax is asking you questions to determine if you can take the deduction and how much the deduction is.

The questions are referring to the income, deductions and wages that are associated with the company that issued the K-1 form, not your employer necessarily.

mike244

Thank you.  That makes complete sense. The turbo tax interview questions in this section specifically name the company that employs me as opposed to the LLC that issued the K1.  That's the part that has me confused. I'm thinking it must be a bug of some kind, because the K1 information in Turbo Tax correctly names the issuing LLC.