I have a small business with 3 employees and I hav...

juan8480

I have a small business with 3 employees and I have payroll do I need to file taxes?

Irene2805

Yes,  you do have to file a tax return for your business.

If you are a sole-proprietor, you can file the income and expenses for your business on Schedule C, which is part of your personal (1040) return.  To do this you need to use TurboTax Self-Employed (online) or TurboTax Home & Business (CD/Download).

If your business is organized as a partnership or an S-Corp, you will need TurboTax Business.  You can visit the following link to purchase the program: TurboTax Business.  

TurboTax will take you through an interview to prepare the business return, similar to the personal (1040) products.

Carl

If you have employees, then you are required to file payroll taxes each quarter at a minimum. Depending on the dollar amounts involved, you could be required to file monthly. Quarterly payroll taxes are filed with the IRS each quarter and are dealt with on IRS Form 941. TurboTax does *NOT* support this form or quarterly filings of it either.

But TurboTax does support the IRS Form 940 which is required for your "yearly" filing and is included with whatever form you use to report your business income/expenses on.