Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have 2 sole proprietorship companies, 1 is a video production company, the other is the company I sell the videos thru. How do I merge the assets into the 2nd company?

Both companies are under my SSN, and since I am no longer producing brand new videos under my production company, I just want to sell what I have already produced through my 2nd (selling) company. However, the equipment (assets) are still required for replicating from the masters to sell, so I want to transfer the assets to the 2nd company that is selling the videos?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I have 2 sole proprietorship companies, 1 is a video production company, the other is the company I sell the videos thru. How do I merge the assets into the 2nd company?

OK then this is what you need to do.

You are going to file a 2018 with only one Sch C.

For 2017 you are going to need to print the detailed deprecation worksheet (it is a worksheet so not part of the return), and then you will know:

Asset description

Date acquired

depreciation taken

life used for depreciation.

of each asset from the Sch C that you will not longer use. 

Then you will click on Add as asset and entry this above date in the Sch C asset entry worksheet for each asset transferred from the one sch C to the one that will still exist.

It might take a few minutes this year, however after this year, everything will be in right place for future years.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Have you filed two Sch C's in prior years?

Yes

OK then this is what you need to do.

You are going to file a 2018 with only one Sch C.

For 2017 you are going to need to print the detailed deprecation worksheet (it is a worksheet so not part of the return), and then you will know:

Asset description

Date acquired

depreciation taken

life used for depreciation.

of each asset from the Sch C that you will not longer use. 

Then you will click on Add as asset and entry this above date in the Sch C asset entry worksheet for each asset transferred from the one sch C to the one that will still exist.

It might take a few minutes this year, however after this year, everything will be in right place for future years.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies