turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

floydsr

I have 2 LLCs, one done on 1120S, and then i got one which i have to process using a schedule E identified as a business. what form would i use along with the Schedule E.

I formed a LLC a couple years for real estate investing. it is taxed as an S-corp using 1120S. I have now created another LLC for the properties that I am going to hold as rentals.  I was told I have to report these using schedule E.  what main form do I use the schedule E under, this is a business and not my personal rental.  I know I cant use a schedule C, its not used for LLC, Partnerships etc. .

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
RichardG

I have 2 LLCs, one done on 1120S, and then i got one which i have to process using a schedule E identified as a business. what form would i use along with the Schedule E.

Since your LLC is a disregarded entity, you report the rental activities on your personal return the same as if the LLC did not exist.

You'll report the rental properties under the business tab (if you're using TurboTax Self-Employed) or under Federal Income (for TurboTax Premier) as Rentals & Royalties.  The program will ask about the name of your business and EIN as part of the interview.  The program will then generate Schedule E to report your rental income and deductions.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RichardG

Is the new LLC also an S corporation, or is it a disregarded entity?
floydsr

disregarded
RichardG

Since your LLC is a disregarded entity, you report the rental activities on your personal return the same as if the LLC did not exist.

You'll report the rental properties under the business tab (if you're using TurboTax Self-Employed) or under Federal Income (for TurboTax Premier) as Rentals & Royalties.  The program will ask about the name of your business and EIN as part of the interview.  The program will then generate Schedule E to report your rental income and deductions.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies