To include your 1099-G received for a taxable grant:
- Open or continue your return in TurboTax
- Go to Other Common Income.
- Click on 1099-G Income.
- Check Yes we need to enter 1099-G for a government payment.
- Check on who received this and enter that information
- On what type of payment did you receive, click Taxable grant
- Enter the information listed on your 1099-G
- Click on Continue
Other Common Income is in the personal income section of Turbo Tax. I received a taxable grant (refund of workers compensation) for my business and the 1099-G references my EIN number for my business not my personal SS number. However, I can not find anywhere in Turbo tax the ability to enter a 1099-G in my business section.
In order to enter this income for your business, you need to go to the Business section of TurboTax.
- Go to your Business tab and locate the Business Income section.
- Then choose Other Income and enter the information on the 1099-G.
- There doesn't appear to be another way to tie a 1099-G under Other Income to your business than by using this method..