turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am working on form 1120-H for an HOA. All of our income is from fees but we settled a lien and we received some interest. Is that interest tax exempt?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I am working on form 1120-H for an HOA. All of our income is from fees but we settled a lien and we received some interest. Is that interest tax exempt?

"Is that interest tax exempt?"

No, that interest would not be tax-exempt unless it were paid on a state or local government debt obligation (e.g., a municipal bond).

It is also not exempt function income. See Treas. Reg. §1.528-9

View solution in original post

3 Replies

"Is that interest tax exempt?"

No, that interest would not be tax-exempt unless it were paid on a state or local government debt obligation (e.g., a municipal bond).

It is also not exempt function income. See Treas. Reg. §1.528-9

Is the late fees recovered from the lien taxable as well?

Such fees would likely have to be included in gross income (as "other income"), not exempt function income.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies