Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

coolrav10

I am supposed to receive a refund for New York State; however, the second page of my return has a payment schedule. What does this payment schedule mean?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ChristieB

I am supposed to receive a refund for New York State; however, the second page of my return has a payment schedule. What does this payment schedule mean?

If your New York state return is Form IT-201 (Residential Income Tax Return), what is the amount on Line 78b and Line 80

Line 78b would indicate you are getting a refund, and Line 80 would indicate that you have a balance owed. 

The payment schedule that you mention, is this IT-201-V Payment Voucher for Income Tax Returns? 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ChristieB

If your New York state return is Form IT-201 (Residential Income Tax Return), what is the amount on Line 78b and Line 80

Line 78b would indicate you are getting a refund, and Line 80 would indicate that you have a balance owed. 

The payment schedule that you mention, is this IT-201-V Payment Voucher for Income Tax Returns? 

coolrav10

My IT201 Line 78b indicates I have a refund. The payment vouchers seem to be associated with IT-2105. I am not sure which line item in IT-201 corresponds to these payment vouchers
ChristieB

I understand now, thank you very much for clarifying. Have you had a change in income or are you self-employed? TurboTax automatically generates these in order to help you plan for the next tax year. You aren't required to do anything with these vouchers, but paying estimated taxes may help you avoid penalties next year if you are subject to them an also help prevent a large sum of money coming due at tax time.
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901092-why-did-1040-es-estimated-tax-vouchers-print-out-do-i-need...>
coolrav10

Great! Thank you for the clarification. I got married
This past year so that is the change in income that is probably triggering them.
ChristieB

You're welcome and congratulations!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies