lskipton

I am no longer self employed, how do I remove business

Patrice

Here's the general procedure for deleting unwanted forms, schedules, and worksheets in TurboTax Online:

1. Open your return in TurboTax.
    (To do this, sign in to TurboTax, and click the orange Take me to my return button.)
  2. In the upper right corner, click My AccountTools.
  3. In the pop-up window, select Delete a form.
  4. Click Delete next to the form/schedule/worksheet and follow the onscreen instructions.

Tips and tricks

• Need to remove a business that transferred over from last year? Find out how to properly remove it.
  • To delete a form that came in the mail (e.g., W-2, 1098, 1099, etc.) it's best to do it from that form's Summary screen. Simply search for the form number (for example, W-2) and then click the "Jump to" link in the search results to get to the Summary screen.
  • You can't delete Forms 1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ. That would be like yanking the foundation out from under a building.

Don't delete your business if it closed sometime in 2016. Instead, report the business and make sure you select I sold (or disposed of) my business in 2016 on the Tell us about your business screen.

Otherwise, follow these instructions to delete a business that transferred over from your 2014 return but is no longer owned by you as of January 1, 2016.

Instructions
  1. With your return open, search for this exact phrase: business (schedule c) (include the parentheses) and then click the "Jump to" link in the search results.
  2. Answer Yes when asked if you had (or want to work on) business income and expenses for 2015.
    • That's right – you'll need to answer Yes, even though it doesn't make sense.
    • If you're being forced to upgrade to Home & Business, contact us for further assistance.
  3. When you get to the Business info or Business Summary screen, click Delete next to the defunct business.
  4. Answer Yes to confirm the removal of all business-related forms.
VictoriaDunston9095

I need to remove business credit 

ThomasM125

A general business credit is reported on form 3800. You can delete it in TurboTax as follows:

1. Find the Tax Tools option on your left menu bar and click on it

2. Click on Tools

3. Find Delete a Form and click on it

4. Look for form  3800 in the list of forms and click on the option to delete it