Here's the general procedure for deleting unwanted forms, schedules, and worksheets in TurboTax Online:
- Open your return in TurboTax.
(To do this, sign in to TurboTax, and click the orange Take me to my return button.)
- In the upper right corner, click My Account > Tools.
- In the pop-up window, select Delete a form.
- Click Delete next to the form/schedule/worksheet and follow the onscreen instructions.
Tips and tricks
- Need to remove a business that transferred over from last year? Find out how to properly remove it.
- To delete a form that came in the mail (e.g., W-2, 1098, 1099, etc.) it's best to do it from that form's Summary screen. Simply search for the form number (for example, W-2) and then click the "Jump to" link in the search results to get to the Summary screen.
- You can't delete Forms 1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ. That would be like yanking the foundation out from under a building.
Don't delete your business if it closed sometime in 2016. Instead, report the business and make sure you select I sold (or disposed of) my business in 2016 on the Tell us about your business screen.
Otherwise, follow these instructions to delete a business that transferred over from your 2014 return but is no longer owned by you as of January 1, 2016.Instructions
- With your return open, search for this exact phrase: business (schedule c) (include the parentheses) and then click the "Jump to" link in the search results.
- Answer Yes when asked if you had (or want to work on) business income and expenses for 2015.
- That's right – you'll need to answer Yes, even though it doesn't make sense.
- If you're being forced to upgrade to Home & Business, contact us for further assistance.
- When you get to the Business info or Business Summary screen, click Delete next to the defunct business.
- Answer Yes to confirm the removal of all business-related forms.
A general business credit is reported on form 3800. You can delete it in TurboTax as follows:
1. Find the Tax Tools option on your left menu bar and click on it
2. Click on Tools
3. Find Delete a Form and click on it
4. Look for form 3800 in the list of forms and click on the option to delete it
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"