Solved: I am a permanent resident of US (Not a Citizen). I am a partner in multi-member LLC. Am I a "domestic partner" or "Foreign partner" in schedule K-1, part II, item H?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am a permanent resident of US (Not a Citizen). I am a partner in multi-member LLC. Am I a "domestic partner" or "Foreign partner" in schedule K-1, part II, item H?

I am a permanent resident of US (Not a Citizen). I am a partner in multi-member LLC. Am I a "domestic partner" or "Foreign partner"  in schedule K-1, part II, item H? 

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 1

I am a permanent resident of US (Not a Citizen). I am a partner in multi-member LLC. Am I a "domestic partner" or "Foreign partner" in schedule K-1, part II, item H?

You are a domestic partner since you reside in the US.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Level 1

You are a domestic partner since you reside in the US.

View solution in original post

The input for this has to be corrected in TurboTax Business.  The question asks if the partner a US Citizen.  This is not correct.  It should be a US "person", which is citizen or permanent resident.  This created an incorrect filing and I have to correct with the IRS - please clarify this in the program.

YOU are right

Hi MOD5,

Would you mind explaining to us how did you correct this issue? I have the same problem. Due to the wrong question in Turbotax business, the IRS sent us a letter saying that our LLC have a foreign partner, and we don't.

Thanks a lot in advance 🙂

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings