turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

colin

How to take the self-employed health insurance deduction from a partnership K-1 on home and business without using override?

I have a self-employed health insurance deduction as a partner in a partnership. The cite says to enter the amount as an expense associated with "profit or loss from business" under business income and expenses. But the income from the partnership is entered under the personal income tab, not the business income tab, and there does not appear to be a way to enter this amount without the override function. But if I use override, I cannot file electronically.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JulieR
Expert Alumni

How to take the self-employed health insurance deduction from a partnership K-1 on home and business without using override?

Switch to the Forms view (Ctrl+2), then use Open Form to open the K-1 Partner (Partnership) form.  Scroll down to "QuickZoom to enter health insurance premiums paid", under line 20 and click the QuickZoom link.  Then enter the self-employed health insurance under "Outside Expenses"  (see screenshots below)

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JulieR
Expert Alumni

Switch to the Forms view (Ctrl+2), then use Open Form to open the K-1 Partner (Partnership) form.  Scroll down to "QuickZoom to enter health insurance premiums paid", under line 20 and click the QuickZoom link.  Then enter the self-employed health insurance under "Outside Expenses"  (see screenshots below)

Roe

Just read this on 10/14 at 9:30 pm after ripping my hair out and swearing at my entire family..Thank you thank you thank you! It worked!!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies