Marquezcrx

How do I know if I need to file Kansas City profits return earnings tax?

MaryK1101

All Kansas City, Missouri residents are required to pay the earnings tax, even if they work outside of the city. Non-residents are required to pay the earnings tax on income earned within Kansas City, Missouri city limits.

sarag1

Is the Kansas City earnings tax form included in TurboTax, or do I have to file separately?

DianeW777

Yes. The Kansas City, Missouri return can be completed in TurboTax, then printed for mailing (see the image below). You can also choose to use the link below to file it online with the city.

All Kansas City, Missouri residents are required to pay the earnings tax, even if they work outside of the city. Non-residents are required to pay the earnings tax on income earned within Kansas City, Missouri city limits. KCMO City Tax Forms

Form RD-109 is a tax return used by a resident individual taxpayer or a non-resident working in Kansas City, Missouri to file and pay the earnings tax of one percent. Form RD-109 should not be filed if the earnings tax due is fully withheld by the taxpayer’s employer. Form RD-109 is also used by a resident to request a refund if over withheld.