Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

steve14

How do i create a w2c for an employee

i am an employer and need to create a w2c

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
DDollar
Expert Alumni

In order to create W-2s and 1099 forms in TurboTax Self-Employed or TurboTax Business, you'll need to go back to the initial opening screen that appears when you first launch the program.

1. If you are using TurboTax Self-Employed, you can follow these steps:

• Log in and if you see “Continue my taxes”, select that and it will take you to welcome screen
  • On the Welcome screen you should see “Manage Your Return” section and “Manage Your Account” section.
  • Under “Manage Your Return,” you should see “Create W-2s and 1099s”
  • Once you select “Create W-2s and 1099s,” another window will pop up and this will be the Quick Employer Forms window.
  • This is where you either log in or create an account and then create W-2s and 1099s.

2. If you are using TurboTax Business, then you can follow the instructions in this TurboTax FAQ:

How do I create W-2 and 1099 forms in TurboTax Business?

For information on Quick Employer Forms, see the following TurboTax FAQ:

I am looking to create a corrected w-2 or w-2c for an employee that the original w-2 was filed.  Can a corrected w-2 be done with turbo tax

JillS56
Expert Alumni

No, you cannot create a W-2c in the Quick Employer Forms. 

How can I correct a Form 1099 or W-2 that has already been sent and accepted by the IRS or SSA?

QEF does not support corrected forms at this time. Once the original e-filing is accepted:

• To file a corrected W-2, go to the SSA website and file the corrected form, W-2C electronically. You can also use the IRS website for forms and instructions.
  • To file a corrected 1099, use the IRS website forms and instructions for corrections.

@akunick    [Edited 3/1/2022   8:26 PM]

Sorry you can not use Quick Employer Forms to correct a W2 or 1099.  See FAQ

https://quickemployerforms.intuit.com/faq.htm#CorrectForms 

It says.....

How can I correct a Form 1099 or W-2 that has already been sent and accepted by the IRS or SSA?

QEF does not support corrected forms at this time. Once the original e-filing is accepted:

• To file a corrected W-2, go to the SSA website and file the corrected form, W-2C electronically. You can also use the IRS website for forms and instructions.
  • To file a corrected 1099, use the IRS website forms and instructions for corrections.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies