turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

juice1216

How do I apply for a stimulus check ?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
RobertG
Expert Alumni

The vast majority of people do not need to take any action.

The IRS will calculate and automatically send the economic impact payment to those eligible.

For people who have already filed their 2019 tax returns, the IRS will use this information to calculate the payment amount.

For those who have not yet filed their return for 2019, the IRS will use information from their 2018 tax filing to calculate the payment. The economic impact payment will be deposited directly into the same banking account reflected on the return filed.

If you’re not required to file taxes and don’t receive Social Security benefits, use our free Stimulus Registration for non-tax filers to give the IRS your up-to-date mailing address and direct deposit banking info. CORONAVIRUS TAX CENTER: 2020 STIMULUS

If you have filed, but you need to change your direct deposit information:

In the coming weeks, the IRS plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.That portal will be at this IRS website: Economic Impact Payments

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I did the turbotax non filers return because I filed for 2018 but didn't have to this year 2019. I did the turbo tax non filer on April 8 it was accepted on April 9 and it keeps telling me it's still processing  I think somthing is messed up. @Robert Gomez 

Manage cookies