turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sim48001

How can I deduct home office expenses from LLC pass-through partnership?

I am self-employed filing tax return with turbo tax business. My company is an LLC pass-through partnership. The LLC report to the partner with form K-1.

Using TT business, there no place to enter home office expenses. Also with TT Premier under Job Related Expenses, I am not qualified to file home office expenses.
Can you please suggest where to file the home office expenses?
I am using a portion of my house exclusively, 100% for my business, and according to IRS I
am eligible to claim a home office expense.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Ok ... first the 1065 ... the partnership doesn't own the home so there is no OIH section so nothing is passed thru on the K-1.

Next, the OIH deduction for employees is gone but  not for a partner reporting on a K-1 ... that is entered ONLY in the K-1 section ... watch for this screen... 

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Ok ... first the 1065 ... the partnership doesn't own the home so there is no OIH section so nothing is passed thru on the K-1.

Next, the OIH deduction for employees is gone but  not for a partner reporting on a K-1 ... that is entered ONLY in the K-1 section ... watch for this screen... 

sim48001

Thanks. Since there no specific home office expenses listed, should I ender my expenses under Miscellaneous Supplemental Expenses? Do I need to itemize expenses, or just enter lump sum?

You need to complete the form 8829 yourself and enter the bottom line total.
sim48001

Form 8829 specifically stating at the top of the of form, that it can be only used with schedule C. I am not schedule C, I am using form K-1 reported to me from LLC pass-through partnership (owned by my wife and me).
sim48001

Form 8829 specifically stating at the top of the of form, that it can be only used with schedule C. I am not schedule C, I am using form K-1 reported to me from LLC pass-through partnership (owned by my wife and me).

And you will not be attaching the form 8829 to the return ... it is just a tool to get the amount to enter for the OIH  since there is no worksheet for a 1065. Keep the form with your papers incase the IRS questions the deduction.
sim48001

Thank you for your help.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies