Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

help: cannot file because of schedule C error: employee credits for small businesses

It's fixed now.  As I previously mentioned, this was an issue of waiting for Congress, and they filed their continuing resolution for the Fiscal Year budget yesterday.

help: cannot file because of schedule C error: employee credits for small businesses

I took was able to file. Didn't have to do anything special other than sign and and walk through the final steps. I bet you anything it was on a rush order for them because today is the last day for the $40 off early bird savings deal... IMHO... They didn't want to have to get in the weeds fishing out the $40 payment to everyone that missed in som lawsuit that would have been inevitably filed... My opinion only of course.

Nope... it's 2/29 and I tried to file twice....no dice! Been waiting 3 weeks.

My business has no pension plan so I should be able to file.... this is crazy!

Steve

What do you mean after updating? I'm still get the same error and cannot file unfortunately.

I think he means going back to the beginning and clicking "continue" to get refreshed screens ... that did not work for me! Frustrating.

My federal tax return with schedule C and employee wage  is able to be e-filed today (02/29/2024) and also got email that IRS accepted tax return. Hopefully, everything goes smooth. 

BTW, state tax return is not filed with federal tax return because of no state income tax in my state.  

Thanks a lot for the help from your guys. 

Screw TT they cant fix the glitch in their own software. just went H&R block and filed my taxes. I will never use TT again. So people if you want to file your taxes in time and get your money dont waste your time with TT. Go to H&R block and you ll be done and e-file within an hr.

If you have wages on a schedule C, you still cannot e-file as a 2-29-2024 because of Form 3800 and 8881. There is no explanation as to what the issue is with the forms needed to file. TT provides no alternative or help. The IRS reports the Forms 3800 and 8881 to be ready. There is no discussion or information that I can find that suggests this form is not ready. Turbo Tax please correct this unnecessary error so returns can be filed.

But cleverly, TT charged me the filing fee for my two states before they blocked my filing! SO I will wait. 

same issue here, paid for my state filing then they said I need to wait

You do not understand. TT is so superior to we mortals that we do not understand how wise they are and we would not understand why they need to hold our tax filing up.

Hopefully when the issue is resolved and we can file, TT will refund the filing fees for the states I purchased to e-file in. They should not have charged that fee knowing about the delay. 

Some people here are reporting that they CAN FILE ... how are they not blocked??

Did your filing go thru even tho you have a pension plan?

What's the secret to making it work??

Steve

My return went through without complication this afternoon.

An apology and a discount on next year's product would be a nice gesture for the aggravation... But I have come to expect nothing but the old middle finger from corporate America, so "Thanks for the memories, hello H&R. Try not to screw it up." 

Well I have joined the crowd ( small crowd) that could now file their Sched C.  Now if I could just do the K-1's.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies