Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ttanis

First time user for TurboTax doing 2018 LLC return. My opening capital account balance doesn't match my book balance. how/where to is make the adjustment?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
IreneS
Intuit Alumni

First time user for TurboTax doing 2018 LLC return. My opening capital account balance doesn't match my book balance. how/where to is make the adjustment?

In a partnership return in TurboTax Business, you can adjust the opening capital account balance for each partner by following these steps:

1. While in your return click Business Info > Partner/Member Information.
  2. On the Partner Summary screen, click Edit next to the first partner.
  3. Continue to the Partner Capital screen and make the adjustment in the box Last Year's Ending Capital Balance.
  4. You can also make any other adjustments (contributions, distributions) and click Continue.
  5. You will be returned to the Partner Summary to make adjustments to the other partner(s)' capital accounts.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

2 Replies
IreneS
Intuit Alumni

What kind of return are you preparing?
IreneS
Intuit Alumni

In a partnership return in TurboTax Business, you can adjust the opening capital account balance for each partner by following these steps:

1. While in your return click Business Info > Partner/Member Information.
  2. On the Partner Summary screen, click Edit next to the first partner.
  3. Continue to the Partner Capital screen and make the adjustment in the box Last Year's Ending Capital Balance.
  4. You can also make any other adjustments (contributions, distributions) and click Continue.
  5. You will be returned to the Partner Summary to make adjustments to the other partner(s)' capital accounts.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies