Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Error when trying to efile 2021 Business Tax form for Trust 1/27/2022

Error message when trying to efile 2021 return.  Release #WINBIZRELEASE [phone number removed]

"The Intuit Electronic Filing System is having difficulty recognizing the data in the return you are sending.  Make sure your TurboTax is up to date [yes, it is, release [yes, it is, release 021.000.0365]...  If you still can't transmit your return, go to www.support.turbotax.com for a solution or workaround. [there are none]...In some cases you may need to file this return by mail [why did I purchase Turbotax and pay for efiling?]  Tax year 2021 transmissions are not available [checked with IRS, and they are presently accepting efiled returns].  Turbotax Business is not ready to process Tax Year 2021 for this return.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JulieS
Employee Tax Expert

It may be that a particular form in your tax return is not yet available to e-file. 

Your main form, Form 1041 is available now, but there may be another common form that  you need that is not yet ready. There is a big update scheduled for tomorrow.

Click here for more details about form and e-file availability. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

40 Replies
JulieS
Employee Tax Expert

It may be that a particular form in your tax return is not yet available to e-file. 

Your main form, Form 1041 is available now, but there may be another common form that  you need that is not yet ready. There is a big update scheduled for tomorrow.

Click here for more details about form and e-file availability. 

Thank you.  That was it.  There was an update to both the Federal and Georgia Fiduciary TT today (from version 021.000.0365 to version 021.000.0372) , and then I was able to efile. 

It would have been nice if the error message has just said "wait for further TurboTax update" rather than suggesting to look elsewhere for workaround, scour the support site, or file by mail...and the statement that "Tax Year 2021 transmissions are not available" was plain incorrect.  It was just that the present version was not updated enough.

I am getting the same error on my personal return. Spoke to rep  and he has no idea why. I use Turbo Tax Deluxe on a personal computer. I tried a different computer and the same error message. No idea what to do. 

I'm having the same problem.  Anyone know what's going on?   I've never had a problem with turbotax before, this year it won't transmit my returns - interestingly it took my money for the transmits. 

AliciaP1
Expert Alumni

It is likely there are some forms still not available for e-file due to finalizing delays.  There aren't a lot of outstanding forms remaining, but the ones that are still have about a week to go before they're final.

You can check to be sure the forms you are using for the IRS and for your state by using these links:

IRS forms availability table for TurboTax Business

State forms availability table for TurboTax Business

Thank you very much for replying so quickly!    I'll give it try once a day till it goes.

It did retain the fact that I had paid and picks right back up at the transmit option before the error, so it should eventually work.  

TFord5

Getting the same error message when filing personal tax. My TurboTax Deluxe has done all the updates. Called & spoke to TurboTax customer service & they had no idea. Any suggestions?

I am also receiving the same error message. Can someone please provide a solution.

Isteral

This response does not apply to everyone as I have all forms available for both here in NC. Seems like a system glitch this time. 

I am having the same problem in NC. Tubotax says there are no errors in my taxes but get the error when trying to transmit. They took my money for the state filing

@Isteral wrote:

This response does not apply to everyone as I have all forms available for both here in NC. Seems like a system glitch this time. 

The North Carolina Individual Income Tax Return Form D-400 is not yet available for e-filing.  It is estimated to be available on 02/24/2022

Go to this TurboTax website for North Carolina state forms availability - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_nc_online_individual.html

@Gates4 wrote:

I am having the same problem in NC. Tubotax says there are no errors in my taxes but get the error when trying to transmit. They took my money for the state filing

The North Carolina Individual Income Tax Return Form D-400 is not yet available for e-filing.  It is estimated to be available on 02/24/2022

Go to this TurboTax website for North Carolina state forms availability - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_nc_online_individual.html

@alejandravaldivia wrote:

I am also receiving the same error message. Can someone please provide a solution.

As previously stated on this thread -

Suz12

Getting the same tonight while trying to e file. Seems NC does not have its forms ready. This is a first. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies